Choosing To Choose Homily Series
Core Message of Week One:
If we’re going to live “in the chair” we have to choose to stay there.
In the end, we don’t commit to a series of virtues, habits, or spiritual exercises. We commit to a person.
Responding to The Word of God Week One:
Let’s have the courage to “start where we are” in our relationship with God.
Consider the following questions as a gentle way to assess “where you are” in your relationship with God
1. Do I know God’s voice? Do I know what His voice sounds like?
2. Do I know God’s love? Do I know His love personally? Do I believe to the core that I am good?
3. How many times in one day do I pray?
4. How many times in one day do I ask God what to do ... and also wait to listen to His response?
5. How many times in one day do I express my intentions to God?
6. How many times in one week do I read the Bible?
7. How many times in one week do I ask God for wisdom?
8. How many times in one week do I intentionally carve out silence as a part of my day?
9. How many times in one week do I intentionally review my heart to assess if I have sinned? And, if I do, do I name sin “by name.”
10. Is anything “off limits” in my relationship with God? Do I speak with God about what marriage should look like? Do I ask God how I should raise my kids? Do I ask God what to do with my finances? Do I speak with God about all of my past or all of my future?
Click below to hear this week's homily
Homily Series: Choosing to Choose Week 2 of 5